• Announcements

• Administrator

All users on the forums have had their passwords reset   12/14/15

and you will need to recover your accounts via email. If you encounter problems with this please contact an admin. If you have lost moderator or admin access then get on TeamSpeak (mm-rs.org) to verify your identity in order to get your account and access back.
13th

Good Adult Animes (No, Not P0Rn)

11857 posts in this topic

Hellsing Ultimate

Aldultish series without "so much comedy". Hmm, you liked evagelion which I hated - I thought it was terrible. But meh I guess you're looking for "seinen" type shows (which means ~middle aged men audience)

Anyways I'm not going to totally bombard you with suggestions because it's just pointless, and you proly won't even watch them all. I'll suggest some more really good shows AFTER you've watched these and pan out your thoughts so I can access what you prefer:

Etho mentioned Elfen Lied - some might consider it "old" (2007?ish) but I think the gore, storyline, characters, etc. This would probably be one of my top ~five anime of all time. Not being biased, the story is dark, deep, gets emotional - decent action, etc. <=== Would be your first suggestion from me.

Second suggestion - a more recent anime called "Mirai Nikki", fairly dark, very physiological, I loved this series. (can't explain too much cause' I'll just spoil it, but it's really, really, good) Although it does have it's "funny", or "normal moments" It's freaking damned good.

You mentioned you liked Black Lagoon, which means you have no qualms with "older animation" aka you're not a ****** so thank God. You also watched Appleseed, and vex - both which are "older".

Third suggestion would be "Monster" it's a very deep and dark thriller story ~about 50 episodes long. Hit or miss:

"Dr. Kenzo Tenma is a renowned young brain surgeon of Japanese descent working in Europe. Highly lauded by his peers as one of the great young minds that will revolutionize the field, he is blessed with a beautiful fiancé and is on the cusp of a high promotion in the hospital he works at. However, all of that is about to change with one critical decision that Dr. Tenma faces one night – whether to save the life of a young child or that of the town's mayor. Despite being pressured by his superiors to perform surgery on the mayor, his morals force him to perform the surgery on the young child, saving his life and forfeiting the mayor’s. All of a sudden, Dr. Tenma’s world is turned upside down by his decision leading to the loss of everything he previously had. A doctor is taught to believe that all life is equal; however, when a series of murders occur in the vicinity of Dr. Tenma, all of the evidence pointing to the young child who he saved, Tenma’s beliefs are shaken.

Naoki Urasawa’s Monster is a tale full of mystery, suspense and intrigue as Dr. Tenma journeys to find out the true identity of the young child. In turn, the fate of the world may depend on it." - quoted from MAL

Depending on how you respond to either of these 3 series - I can throw you much, much more.

The rest of the shows people mentioned are up there: Particularly "Death Note" (who's everybody and their moms have watched - kinda just gets shitty after a certain point though, you'll see why) "Hellsing Ultimate" 10 episode OVA, pretty dark, very action packed - "horror, military, supernatural etc". Noir is decent. Highschool of the Dead is actually *** terrible - but people like myself watch it for jelly t**s, the concept in the anime is great, but meh.

Chobits, amazing, but might be a little too loli/shounen/romancey for your tastes. Claymore - very, very good - I've only read the manga though. GS girl - ya, you'd probably like it. Spice and Wolf is godly - but also another anime that might be too "romancey" (personally I love the relationships, and chars).

Iono - Pick your poison.

stop watching anime weird fgts

Pretty much Furious/Zeph lol.

I'd even suggest ''Stein's Gate'', it has it's little jokes in the beginning, but once it gets serious it's incredibly good, probably the best series I have watched atm.

Fate/Zero?

A topic for the weirdos

Meh the very good ones are Gantz/Berserk/Claymore but it's the Manga's.

Seikon no Qwaser maybe.

Anyone watched Sword Art Online, I've heard a lot of hype about it and downloaded first few episodes haven't watched yet.

Anime would be considered "really good" - personally I thought it was horrible compared to the Light Novel - but I'm TOTALLY biased.

It's actually quite good as an anime itself - great concept.

Oh, and DO NOT WATCH GUILTY CROWN - IT IS HORRIBLE.

******* HORRIBLE.

Meh the very good ones are Gantz/Berserk/Claymore but it's the Manga's.

Seikon no Qwaser maybe.

Ya, also "shingeki no kyoujin" but sadly they're all in the mangas.

Seikon is awful - no story line - way too ecchi imo. It's like... Onii chan Dakedo - a guilty pleasure.

Yeah true, Seikon was too much Ecchi indeed.

I'd even suggest ''Stein's Gate'', it has it's little jokes in the beginning, but once it gets serious it's incredibly good, probably the best series I have watched atm.

Fate/Zero?

OMggggggg I forgot about Fate/Zero.

Fate/Zero?

OMggggggg I forgot about Fate/Zero.

Ya, it's super amazing - particularly second season.

Don't think 13th would like it - since he's looking for "more dark" kinda stuffs.

Iono - tbh Fate Zero is so good. I really can't even put it into words. Ufotable did an AMAZING job.

wat about Psycho-Pass I heard it's good too worth download?

faggots everywhere

whats that one where monsters/aliens attack cities and stuff and people have to like drive these giant robots to fight them

i saw it like 8 years back and never got the name down

Gundam?

12356_gundam.jpg

hellsing ultimate seems great ill start dling that too

im a action sci-fi fan in general and thats why i like evangelion, some combat scenes were just amazing, as for the characters they were second grade in comparison to the story and animation, i loved how they managed to make humans feel so small (the one where they set up all of the electricity to that big *** rifle, that entire episode was beyond amazing)

and yeah, if its "old" or not doesnt bother me at all as long as theyve put effort into the animation its good enough for me. i didnt like gundam wing much but it was acceptable but just barely

anything with s******g, explosions, hand-to-hand combat and sprinkle in some sci-fi or supernatural stuff and im game, basically trhe closer you can get to Ghost in the shell the better :3

whats that one where monsters/aliens attack cities and stuff and people have to like drive these giant robots to fight them

i saw it like 8 years back and never got the name down

neon genesis evangelion

Bible black, bocu no pico, futari ecchi, hatsuine, little monica.

At least bible black had a good story

A topic for the weirdos

death note is very good

Bible black, bocu no pico, futari ecchi, hatsuine, little monica.

At least bible black had a good story

Isn't Bible Black hentai? I saw it featured in the "Top Rated" categorie on several nature-related websites.

A topic for the weirdos

what is so weird about it?

dragon ball

Anime is tricky to get right. Things that I still deem as aiight are:

Break Blade(6 movies, not a show)

Dogs: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark

Tailenders(a short movie, pretty high on the awesome scale)

Gundam 00 is really interesting if you're into the whole global-plot thing(the movie sucks though)

If you're into intense motivational stuff then I suggest either:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Furi Kuri

Code Geass(If you liked death note, this is cooler)

If you have tail-envy, and are into scamming all the people around you, check out:

Spice and Wolf(Its interesting in a business sense)

Other Awesome s**t if you're into multiple story-lines and changing main characters:

Baccano!

Durarara

I can't think of much else, but if you're in for long-term commitment and reading then I would recommend these:

Tower of God(ze best)

Noblesse

Magician

City of Dead Sorcerer

These are korean webtoons, superior to anime/manga in every way possible. Including storyline, art, and awesomeness. You can find them all on the above site.

Anyone watched Sword Art Online, I've heard a lot of hype about it and downloaded first few episodes haven't watched yet.

Its awesome up until episode 8 or 9, then its horrible

No highschool b******t shows:

- welcome to the NHK (you will like this one, bu t you will need to look past the sexuality part, keep in mind that japanese people are weird)

- Spice and wolf (Mine)

- Claymore

- gunslinger girl (little girls aw yiss)

- chobits (robo sex yummy)

- elfen lied (desperation, i don't know about this one haven't seen it in a while)

I don't like action anime. black lagoon is as far as i'll go in that regard stuff like shakugan no shana makes me skip the action scenes all together. short and to the point no ******* arround.

i got this one suggested to me recently:

http://en.wikipedia....nother_episodes

looks good.

DEAL

WITH

IT

Ahh! Good thing you mentioned Welcome to the NHK, forgot to mention it.

It's great!

Welcome to the NHK is miserable unless you're depressed and lonely. I do not recommend.

Fate/Zero?

Steins gate was fun, but I would recommend Fate/Zero a lot more, it was pretty intense if you've seen Fate/Stay Night(which is not as good).

-

And I'm gonna agree with Furious that Guilty crown is terrible.

i would have loved gundam if i didnt get a transformers/power rangers kindof feeling from watching it :(

I've downloaded Steins;Gate but haven't watched it yet. Heard it's pretty good.

Naruto

going to start watching code geass

A topic for the weirdos