• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
13th

Good Adult Animes (No, Not P0Rn)

12252 posts in this topic

it's only 50 episodes.

if you skip op and ed it's ~20 mins per ep.

50 x 20 = 1000/60 = ~16.6?

so 16.6 hours of your time devoted.

for a massively better experience.

plz trust me on this.

eng dub is s**t.

a minute of claymore beats 100 hours of any other anime...it was perfect

Not saying Claymore isn't good. But it's definitely not as good as Code Geass or Clannad AS - any hardcore anime weeaboo otaku or whatever would tell you straight up.

Seriously don't even bother watching Code Geass if you're gunna watched dubbed =.= it's that much worse.

There's so many things wrong, like the cultural jokes, the mood, the voice fluctuations. Japanese seiyuus > English voice actors by a long shot.

well how do you know the dubbed translation is worse than the subtitled one, for all i know its the same one

well how do you know the dubbed translation is worse than the subtitled one, for all i know its the same one

eh? I am confused :(

Because I've watched both...? Just like how I've watched Naruto, Inuyasha, Yuyu haskusho dubbed and they all honestly suck.

You realize just even IF the script is EXACTLY the same - there's bound to be differences; and these "minor" differences can make or break the series. Sure, maybe the main point in the plot still stands, and maybe the ramp up time is similar. But there's just so much small stuff that make the Japanese voice acting by far better.

I.e. Explanations and reasonings behind certain motives can sound awkward as hell when spoken in English compared to the Japanese version. Battle shouts/sounds (think Naruto saying his "Kage no Bunshin Jutsu", as opposed to the English: "SHADOW CLONE JUTSU") it just doesn't pair up.

And I'm really not trying to offend anybody here. But seriously, you are doing the series a horrible, horrible injustice watching it dubbed because you are "lazy" - if you don't have time, put it aside and watch it later. It's really not a series to be half assed.

i watched the whole fullmetal alchemist series last week on netflix for nostalgia

i watched the whole fullmetal alchemist series last week on netflix for nostalgia

I approve.

+1 respect point.

i like dubbed... and i like jappanse...japanse got good voice acting...but dubbed is my native language( not native , but one that i speak now)

yea jappanese is better voice acting... but not having to read is nice 2

I understand that dubbed has it's benefits.

But it's like I said - the difference between a translated novel and the original novel is pretty big.

I occasionally read some translated Chinese to English novels, and vice versa - the difference is huge. Don't even get me started about Chinese movies that are dubbed in English - I want to cry.

Must agree with Furious yes.

Although it might be me because I'm Japanese, but when I hear it dubbed I can't stand it.

It could be compared with an american actor/movie talking Japanese?

I came back from Japan 2 days ago, and they were showing ''Die Hard'' on television, and Bruce Willis was talking Japanese...

Must agree with Furious yes.

Although it might be me because I'm Japanese, but when I hear it dubbed I can't stand it.

It could be compared with an american actor/movie talking Japanese?

I came back from Japan 2 days ago, and they were showing ''Die Hard'' on television, and Bruce Willis was talking Japanese...

That's exactly the comparison I'm trying to make. ^__^

finished Steins;Gate so many feels in the last few episodes was tearing up a bit.

what should I start next:

Code Geass

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Deathnote

Ahahaha yes holy s**t I think Stein's was the best anime I've watched until now, fawk.

finished Steins;Gate so many feels in the last few episodes was tearing up a bit.

what should I start next:

Code Geass

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Deathnote

Ahahaha yes holy s**t I think Stein's was the best anime I've watched until now, fawk.

THIS IS THE CHOICES OF STEINS GATE.

Ye, SG is really, really, really good. =.=

''Hoshi o Ou Kodomo'' is pretty dark? It might look pretty childish...

It has no comedy at all and I really got sad at some parts, but in the end it's an magnificent movie, with amazing soundtracks.

The maker Makoto Shinkai never disappoints, just like 5 Centimeters per Second, Voices of a Distant star.

yu yu hakusho

Ya, Monster was very, very, very good - I watched it a long time ago; it made a huge impact on me. It's quite long though ~51 episodes but worth every one.

Code Geass is definitely up there in my top 2.

The author explicitly states that Lelouch does indeed die at the end. I personally thought he was still alive and lived with C.C. though ^__^ - Code geass 3 and the CG OVAs are currently in production. The first CG OVA is pretty good (Akito the Exiled)

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1/10 horrendous piece of garbage don't even bother

Death Note decent for a new anime watcher - no where near as good as CG

Claymore 6/10 anime is NO WHERE NEAR as good as the manga.

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - seed destiny are both okay (7/10) - they are currently making a "remastered" version of gundam - I'll be waiting for that.

Hellsing ovas are alright 7/10

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) extremely good 9/10

Cowboy Bebop meh 710

Samurai Champloo 8/10 back then a bit old. but cant go wrong

Trigun 7/10 nothing special

Noir 7/10

Fate/Zero EXTREMELY MEGA GODLY GOOD, probably my second favorite from 2012 10/10

Baccano! 8.5/10 very very good

Durarara!! 8/10 very good

FMA: Brotherhood - new one is pretty good 8/10

Rurouni Kenshin - The series itself is a 7/10 (at the time I watched it, great plot, but poorly executed.) If you really want to do the rorouni kenshin franchise justice - just watch "Samurai X" the movie is about Rorouni Kenshin and I gave it a 10/10; it's godly.

Wrote my ratings on the anime accordingly.

tldr: No anime in the list will touch Code Geass in terms of awesome amazingness, besides - Samurai X, Fate Zero, and MAYBE Mirai Nikki.

If you really want godly anime - You'd want to watch Clannad AS, and Kokoro Connect.

I agree that fate/zero was an awesome addition to fate/stay night, and was amazing

But you did not just 'meh' cowboy bebop. Get out.

Also Kokoro Connect was original/interesting. But not for action junkies

And Imho, I started watching Code Geass as a dub, then moved on to subs when I got impatient. And the dubs are actually really good in this series, it doesn't hold for all anime but Code Geass is an exception. For example the dubs in death note were really bad.

Go for the dub.

i can only stand dubs for animated movies/shows, i have not been able to watch dubbed live action movies since i was like 5

yeah I agree live action dubs are miserable.

Thankfully here in america we run this whole entertainment industry thing so the only language I speak is actually useful.

yeah I agree live action dubs are miserable.

Thankfully here in america we run this whole entertainment industry thing so the only language I speak is actually useful.

akira kurosawa's mosies

watch them

Dubs vs subs basically.

according to random.org I'm watching Mobile Suit Gundam Wing next.

I really enjoyed Samurai X Truth and betrayal.

according to random.org I'm watching Mobile Suit Gundam Wing next.

i used to watch gundam when i was younger i ******* loved that s**t

Watched Clannad & Clannad AS, that anime has all of my feels.

Hellsing OVA

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

Naruto + Shippuden

Onepiece

Deathnote