• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M

Addy Gloves 1 Def Poll

151 posts in this topic

The only reason Jagex allowed players to return to Ape Atoll without accepting the XP reward was because of Evil Trees. Evil Trees could spawn on ape atoll, and a player could speak to a spirit tree that would then teleport them to ape atoll, allowing pures to complete the quest. Jagex said f*ck it, and allowed players to return anyways to save them the hassle of waiting for a tree.

Evil trees weren't released until early 2009, that's rather "new". Not to mention the gloves are only one up on mithril. I don't think one strength bonus is the difference between a build being viable or not.

Thank you for this. 07 is my reintroduction to the game has for some years prior i wasn't active on RS and was unaware as to why this happened in the first place. Unless i am mistaken 20 def can get rune gloves with this implemented, which along with some other bonuses may help them SLIGHTLY. 60 Att zerks will still faceroll everybody anyway.

Addy gloves = combat brace. Why is there so much rage over an equivalance that already exists in game

Addy gloves are not equivalent to combat brace, there's a huge difference. For one, addy gloves beat it by one strength bonus. The other main difference is value. Addy gloves are 5k, and don't even drop on death. Combat brace trading price right now is something like 70k, that's a huge difference.

I also don't see how going from addy to rune gloves suddenly makes 20 defence viable either. 60 Attack zerkers also lack KO methods after burning their DDS specs. Range tanks are the most faceroll to be honest.

Addy gloves = combat brace. Why is there so much rage over an equivalance that already exists in game

Do you play the game? Cb bracelet = Mith gloves

Wow, considering how I haven't bought a brace in about 6 years i've based my argument around something wrong. This is upsetting...I genuinely thought they were comparative to addy.

Admitting i'm wrong, what a concept

if it gets passed im srsly not getting them

that is all

voted no

Results look good so far, only ones not going through are world queue, mouse wheel and addy gloves. As much as I would like addy gloves it serves people right for rushing through MM without thinking about chinning first

Results look good so far, only ones not going through are world queue, mouse wheel and addy gloves. As much as I would like addy gloves it serves people right for rushing through MM without thinking about chinning first

yeah **** those guys highfive big dog

people are stupid and self-centered, all of you.

Voted no. :)

Addy gloves are not equivalent to combat brace, there's a huge difference. For one, addy gloves beat it by one strength bonus. The other main difference is value. Addy gloves are 5k, and don't even drop on death. Combat brace trading price right now is something like 70k, that's a huge difference.

I also don't see how going from addy to rune gloves suddenly makes 20 defence viable either. 60 Attack zerkers also lack KO methods after burning their DDS specs. Range tanks are the most faceroll to be honest.

I've been under the wrong assumption for a very long time now.

Tanks and Zerks still have the +12 gloves. Among other gear they can wear, i'm assuming we're pitting a medium level zerk against a borderline maxed pure. I'm failing to see an argument as to why no to addy gloves other than range training..

This presents alot more questions, for me at least as to what's really viable in the end and what isn't and it's looking to wind up being the same builds anyway

voted no, cba to get 48 agility and 70 cooking

this

Voted yes. Amazing how pathetically whiny the pure community can be.

More builds become more or less viable because of this update should it pass. Nobody is forcing you to stay 1 def. So many people are 1 def now it's BORING.

There's other ways to train ranged than chinning, nothing shows how blatantly new most of you are to the game. Ever turn a profit while gaining combat exp?

It's seriously disappointing to see backlash like this. WAHH MOMMY WE WANNA LIMIT OURSELVES DONT YOU DARE GIVE US MORE OPTIONS. Seriously? Fncking seriously?

listen pal, you and your 8 posts can go shove your own Fucking hand in your ***, fucking fairy

lazy fgts voting no for addy gloves...it means that you either have to train range slowly or train melee with a dlong (not that bad but still) and if you decide to train your agility level you can't use one of the best courses in the game

w/e i don't care that much though but i'm genuinely frustrated that world queues aren't passing so far. Getting into full worlds during trips is a pain.

Tanks and Zerks still have the +12 gloves. Among other gear they can wear, i'm assuming we're pitting a medium level zerk against a borderline maxed pure. I'm failing to see an argument as to why no to addy gloves other than range training..

This presents alot more questions, for me at least as to what's really viable in the end and what isn't and it's looking to wind up being the same builds anyway

It wasn't until curses that zerkers became extremely powerful, but even then chaotics allowed pures to rip through a zerker's defence shortly after. Both of these don't exist in 07. Honestly, the combat is fairly balanced. It comes down to who put more effort into their account, who understands the combat system more, and who is luckier.

The argument against addy gloves is the same as any other "ignore defence xp" argument. The content was designed to require defence xp. Like I said earlier, it was only allowed because of a fluke. When they released evil trees, some pures realized the potential and already obtained the gloves. To make it fair game, they allowed everybody to access it.

If it was not for that fluke, we'd never have addy gloves.

The current results will probably be how it turns out, there's not going to be a huge change in votes to change any of them either way

**** the cunts that are voting no on addy gloves just because they're lazy.

Gimie those addy gloves niqqah

voted no, cba questing more.

Some of these questions should be done without question wtf

It wasn't until curses that zerkers became extremely powerful, but even then chaotics allowed pures to rip through a zerker's defence shortly after. Both of these don't exist in 07. Honestly, the combat is fairly balanced. It comes down to who put more effort into their account, who understands the combat system more, and who is luckier.

The argument against addy gloves is the same as any other "ignore defence xp" argument. The content was designed to require defence xp. Like I said earlier, it was only allowed because of a fluke. When they released evil trees, some pures realized the potential and already obtained the gloves. To make it fair game, they allowed everybody to access it.

If it was not for that fluke, we'd never have addy gloves.

So what we can take away from this is:

People who already completed MM have another option to train range.

This is literally THE argument against allowing pures to get the gloves.

Please tell me i'm not the only one who finds this insufferably stupid reasoning

wtf are you voting yes on 2011 updates

voted yes, pures only stand to benefit from this

Oh and also who says it is compulsory for you to get the gloves, if you dont care about the +1 str bonus or whatever stick with the mithril gloves? its just an option there for you just like the people who dont really give a s**t about the f2p worlds still vote yes because its still another option in the game

faggots its not just about addy gloves...its about training agility as a pure and ******* chinning after u finish mm

faggots its not just about addy gloves...its about training agility as a pure and ******* chinning after u finish mm

dont train agil stay on mith gloves?

Yes for everything except f2p worlds, bc **** u all.

why would u change anything, its 2007scape not 2008/2009.