• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M

Addy Gloves 1 Def Poll

151 posts in this topic

"Omg, why are people voting no to F2P worlds, it doesn't affect you at all. If you don't want to pk F2P, don't go into the world".. yet these same people are voting no for Addy gloves... 12 year olds

I voted no on f2p because of this. Since we're not voting on the sole reason to not benefit other players, if people don't want me to chin/train agility/get addy gloves i dont want them pking in f2p.

words cannot describe how fking r******d you guys are.

Unlike these dumb kids I see the befit of having f2p in the game even though I hate it so much. I still voted yes for everyone else even though many of them voted no for addy gloves. Not that it really matters to me in the long run anyway because Ive already accepted the xp and and can go back to ape atoll, but I just dont understand why people would want to hinder their own accounts.. Runescape has always been about getting the best gear/stats for your combat in pvp. Why not take advantage of the ability to get a free +1 str?

yeah so why cant we have d claws and ags please? I want good gear

Ags was around in 07. Gf

that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make

What is your point? You dont seem to have one really other then complaining about peoples votes.

I think that when voting, one should decide whether the update will improve the game from one's standpoint, or whether it'll hurt it. Not everything that was oldschool is supreme by default.

I'll vote no because my account is 42 def and I want that extra advantage over pures

I like how you think, at least you have some reasoning other then 'derpderp they werent around in 07derpscape'

Can't decide.

PROS: hit harder

CONS: 70 cooking and 48 agility

If you thought about the fact that you couldn't chin if you completed the quest, then you should have an advantage over those that didn't think about it. Simple as that. An update shouldn take that advantage away

Can't decide.

PROS: hit harder

CONS: 70 cooking and 48 agility

Cooking is the easiest skill in the game to train and you should already have 48 agility if you're not a filthy scrub.

Addy gloves are not equivalent to combat brace, there's a huge difference. For one, addy gloves beat it by one strength bonus. The other main difference is value. Addy gloves are 5k, and don't even drop on death. Combat brace trading price right now is something like 70k, that's a huge difference.

I also don't see how going from addy to rune gloves suddenly makes 20 defence viable either. 60 Attack zerkers also lack KO methods after burning their DDS specs. Range tanks are the most faceroll to be honest.

I've been under the wrong assumption for a very long time now.

Tanks and Zerks still have the +12 gloves. Among other gear they can wear, i'm assuming we're pitting a medium level zerk against a borderline maxed pure. I'm failing to see an argument as to why no to addy gloves other than range training..

This presents alot more questions, for me at least as to what's really viable in the end and what isn't and it's looking to wind up being the same builds anyway

It wasn't until curses that zerkers became extremely powerful, but even then chaotics allowed pures to rip through a zerker's defence shortly after. Both of these don't exist in 07. Honestly, the combat is fairly balanced. It comes down to who put more effort into their account, who understands the combat system more, and who is luckier.

The argument against addy gloves is the same as any other "ignore defence xp" argument. The content was designed to require defence xp. Like I said earlier, it was only allowed because of a fluke. When they released evil trees, some pures realized the potential and already obtained the gloves. To make it fair game, they allowed everybody to access it.

If it was not for that fluke, we'd never have addy gloves.

So what we can take away from this is:

People who already completed MM have another option to train range.

This is literally THE argument against allowing pures to get the gloves.

Please tell me i'm not the only one who finds this insufferably stupid reasoning

Why don't we also allow pures to complete nature spirit without the defence xp so we can get rune gloves?

There's no reason not to, it will also allow pures to get fairy tale quests done for access to fairy rings.

There is zero reason to allow pures to complete quests while avoiding the defence xp requirement. Addy gloves was a fluke, and Jagex admitted that it was unintentional. Because players had already obtained the gloves, they allowed everyone else to do it too. That never happened in 2007scape, and it shouldn't happen.

Yes for f2p

No for gloves

What is your point? You dont seem to have one really other then complaining about peoples votes.

- I don't care if a item is 07 or not. It's oldschool Runescape not 07 Scape

-Changes that make scaping more convenient are ok (eg "tab to reply")

-Anything that changes the oldschool pvp is not ok, may it be weapons armour or gloves

but that's just me. I'm done with this topic, too much useless arguing

- I don't care if a item is 07 or not. It's oldschool Runescape not 07 Scape

-Changes that make scaping more convenient are ok (eg "tab to replay")

-Anything that changes the oldschool pvp is not ok, may it be weapons armour or gloves

but that's just me

Alright I suppose I can agree with you on most of that other then IN TIME (clearly a year or two) I wouldnt mind content introduced that would be usable for pvp. Honestly addy gloves are such a minor thing that I dont understand why people wouldnt say yes to it.

VOTE YES FOR IT YOU MORONS I WANT TO CHIN

VOTE YES FOR IT YOU MORONS I WANT TO CHIN

Gorilla Altar would also be nice..

ya fk that

Voted no. Pures go to mith in 07. Not ******* addy.

no keep the game as it is

voted no for all, it's 07 keep it that way

Voted no proudly.

Voted no, only faggots are voting yes it seems.

Voted yes for f2p though

if it gets to 70%+ sell your regen braces fgots cuz they gonna crash hard

voted nai

i voted no, as a ranger i don't have to get mith gloves i can keep using vamps but with addy mm wont allow rangers to wear vamps so fk that

i voted no, as a ranger i don't have to get mith gloves i can keep using vamps but with addy mm wont allow rangers to wear vamps so fk that

you shouldn't be using vambraces for trips at all.

I voted yes to addy gloves.

Though, it does annoy me to see those who completed mm hastily get the privilege of returning to ape atoll.

I voted yes to addy gloves.

Though, it does annoy me to see those who completed mm hastily get the privilege of returning to ape atoll.

I don't even care about returning to ape toll. I just want the damn gloves.

more quests, always yes

You read my mind. :king: