• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doom

Rares

86 posts in this topic

everyone has access to buy one rare from shop for a really high price (all available for different prices obviously) and once you purchase one rare the shop disapears for your account?

High rollers will wait it out and get crackers - poor guys will eventually work to bring like santas in the game

everyone has access to buy one rare from shop for a really high price (all available for different prices obviously) and once you purchase one rare the shop disapears for your account?

Not a bad idea tbh

High rollers will wait it out and get crackers - poor guys will eventually work to bring like santas in the game

I also hope they add crackers, not p hats. People should be able to decide if they want to rip open their cracker(s) for a potential purple or whatever is the rarest

One time purchase of an absurd amount of money. They cannot be traded, cannot be refunded, and will disappear completely upon normal death circumstances if not protected.

All rares do is strangle the economy, people who owned them previously could just keep perpetually flipping them for cash stacks most never could dream of. Couple this with the lack of item sinks and you have an item that does nothing but continually increase the gap between those with them and those without.

It's also ironic that people will vote no for addy gloves but yes for rares, one offers a tangible benefit with no downsides, the other produces a negative externality on the game as a whole, and both exist through intentions never meant by Jagex in the first place.

did you even play in 2007

if you vote yes for rares your a spaz and i ******* hate you

i want them sellable or earnable from an event

**** clue scrolls because ill never get it as a reward

**** extra rare because champion scrolls are extra rare and ive never gotten one

put them in the game the same exact way and they will start to sell for big from day 1 escalating from 10kea to mils sooner or later, theyll be abundant but they will be the same rares, which is win

rares are cancer

Idk how I feel on this topic. I'm no economist but I'm sure any introduction of tradeable rares would have crazy effects. I would prefer them being untradable/useless. I don't very much like the idea of an item being discontinued and unobtainable by any means. I guess the clue scroll option wouldn't be too bad if they were equally as rare as 3rd age pieces, and under the assumption that they will ALWAYS be obtainable through clue scrolls. This would keep the prices on them somewhat reasonable.

This is coming from a former Phat owner as well.

I have an oldschool account.. Win

fuck clue scrolls... pures can't fucking finish 60% of the clues

Tbh Tradeables. Who cares. I just want the untradeables. Partyhats are overrated anyway.

**** clue scrolls... pures can't ******* finish 60% of the clues

Thats why i wanted aerdo to specify, if he meant equally over all clues yes, not having a higher chance for elotes or whatever

Rare drop table sounds good to me.

new rares

no thanks jeff.

Personally I think they should go with making phats the highest possible reward on a lvl 3 clue, masks for lvl 2 and santa hat for lvl 1. As for Bunny ears, woolly scarfs etc they should add them into pool of rewards from random events that give items of clothing after you have completed the set, I constantly get mime and the best it gives me now is 160gp.

I like the idea of having them be an absurdly high price from a shop and not tradeable. Runescape has too few money eliminators from NPCs to keep inflation on GP down and this could be a really good one. It also lets really rich people still stroke their e-**** and show off with their Green Phat. But I do like the idea of them being low amounts of GP so a lot of people can have them, they look pretty cool in most cases.

The idea of having old clothing holiday items from randoms is a good idea too.

tl;dr untradeable from shop high gp - untradeables from randoms

I like the idea of having them be an absurdly high price from a shop and not tradeable. Runescape has too few money eliminators from NPCs to keep inflation on GP down and this could be a really good one. It also lets really rich people still stroke their e-**** and show off with their Green Phat. But I do like the idea of them being low amounts of GP so a lot of people can have them, they look pretty cool in most cases.

The idea of having old clothing holiday items from randoms is a good idea too.

tl;dr untradeable from shop high gp - untradeables from randoms

Not a bad idea at all, I just think that it detracts from the point of rares if ALL the holiday items are released as tradeable rares.

**** clue scrolls... pures can't ******* finish 60% of the clues

Thats why i wanted aerdo to specify, if he meant equally over all clues yes, not having a higher chance for elotes or whatever

Elites, newfag :)

I couldn't care less about the chances between clues. It will give people an incentive to do clues instead of it being dead content like it is on eoc

Nope just No

Low GP from the shop. No need for cash sinks just yet anyway. Economy isnt as bloated as EoCs.

why would people want them to be in clue scrolls? the idea that they can always be brought back into the game is r******d. The entire point of them costing more and being "rarer" is that they are discontinued.

they should implement an event where every1 can own a party hat... then over time as people lose it, its value goes up

my post was referencing how they initially released party hats - limited release which over 5-6 years slowly increased in value, which is what im in favor of... doing treasure trails is r******d

People will now know hat they'll be rare and keep hold of them unlike before

nty

id vote for rare drops while skilling or every player gets 1 of each :)