• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ForumWarrior

What's A Prep?

41 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to clanning and I'd like to know what a prep is. Is there certain types as well? (Ex. 10 minute prep, 20 minute prep etc)

Thanks!

Preps before eoc consisted of a clan wars fight with rules that were agreed upon by both clans. Then you fight it out in clan wars (usually best out of 3) and one team wins the other loses.

Now we don't really have "preps" or any organized fights tbh

Preps before eoc consisted of a clan wars fight with rules that were agreed upon by both clans. Then you fight it out in clan wars (usually best out of 3) and one team wins the other loses.

Now we don't really have "preps" or any organized fights tbh

Alright, but what about something such as a "10 Minute Prep"?

yea a prep is a war that we have a specific time to prepare for. At least when clan wars was out we had like 20 minute preps and so on. Now I believe a prep would most likely be more than a days to maybe some hours, notice although that can vary. Preps you usually use your extreme best gear because they mean a little more to the heart, even though every fight you should fight to win.

While we are in a trip or slightly before a trip. you might hear something like "we will have a run in with foe." That is something that's just a planned fight in the wilderness.

We also used to have Mini wars that some people might consider a prep. Like 10v10 mini prep vs Malice. This really hasn't happened yet. And was a lot easier to organize with clan wars.

yea a prep is a war that we have a specific time to prepare for. At least when clan wars was out we had like 20 minute preps and so on. Now I believe a prep would most likely be more than a days to maybe some hours, notice although that can vary. Preps you usually use your extreme best gear because they mean a little more to the heart, even though every fight you should fight to win.

While we are in a trip or slightly before a trip. you might hear something like "we will have a run in with foe." That is something that's just a planned fight in the wilderness.

So a prep is essentially a war that's typically fought in Clan Wars. As for this time thing, it's still a bit confusing. So another clan comes up and asks you for a 20 minute prep, does that mean the war will start in 20 minutes and you have 20 minutes to prepare?

So a prep is essentially a war that's typically fought in Clan Wars. As for this time thing, it's still a bit confusing. So another clan comes up and asks you for a 20 minute prep, does that mean the war will start in 20 minutes and you have 20 minutes to prepare?

Yes, correct.

Edit: the time thing was correct. Preps can be in the wild too, although we haven't had any in 07 yet to my knowledge.

wish we had them still :(, i was just scrolling through my old pics

8wak.png

preps owned

wish we had them still :(, i was just scrolling through my old pics

8wak.png

summoning/familiars... :fap:

i miss clan wars

i miss clan wars

I miss getting one banged because of how clueless I was to pre-eoc :D

We could still do them, a prep is any fight set up before hand. We could have a prep with say Fatality. 13th could pm them tomorrow morning at say 10 AM EST and set the time for 2PM EST so it would be a 4 hour prep fight saying both clans had 6 hours to prepare for it.

[/media]

We could still do them, a prep is any fight set up before hand. We could have a prep with say Fatality. 13th could pm them tomorrow morning at say 10 AM EST and set the time for 2PM EST so it would be a 4 hour prep fight saying both clans had 6 hours to prepare for it.

gud

[/media]

not the same w/o clan wars :cry:

[/media]

gud

miss this a lot :cry: :cry: :cry:

minis used to be fun

but i would f*****g hate if they put clan wars back into the game

Id like to think that it started out with being smaller arranged events that served as preperation for real wars

ex: you had a fullout vs foe in the weekend, and because of that we had 3 preps during the week, which is matched opts / or w.e set rules vs another clan

later on these got popular and were still called preps even though it wasnt preperation for any specific war but merely matched opts fights with certain rules.

it's the short term for preparation

Definition of PREPARATION

:
the action or process of making something ready for use or service or of getting ready for some occasion, test, or duty

:
a state of being

:
a
act or measure

:
something that is prepared;
specifically
:
a medicinal substance made ready for use

external.jpg See preparation defined for English-language learners »

See preparation defined for kids »

Examples of PREPARATION

• The festival involves a lot of preparation.
  • To complete this recipe, plan on about 30 minutes ofpreparation and 40 minutes of baking.

Origin of PREPARATION

Middle English preparacion, from Middle French preparation,from Latin praeparation-, praeparatio, from praeparare to prepare

First Known Use: 14th century

Rhymes with PREPARATION

abdication, aberration, abjuration, abnegation, abrogation,acceptation, acclamation, accusation, activation,adaptation, adjuration, admi...

[+]more

prep·a·ra·tion

noun \ˌprep-ə-ˈrā-shən\ (Medical Dictionary)

Medical Definition of PREPARATION

: the action or process of preparing

Learn More About PREPARATION

Spanish-English Dictionary: Translation of "preparation"

Browse

Next Word in the Dictionary: preparation hymn

Previous Word in the Dictionary: préparateur

All Words Near: preparation

seen-heard-left-quote.gif Seen & Heard seen-heard-right-quote.gif

What made you want to look up preparation? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).

source:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/preparation

Alright thanks guys.

So is it usually no rules?

i cant remember we've ever done a prep in OSRS but, before eoc we had around 2 per week

rules were about whether or not to use summ/dung weps/let other clans use turm/1def gear/corr d scims (f2p only) etc

f2p preps and p2p minis were so fun

Alright thanks guys.

So is it usually no rules?

i cant remember we've ever done a prep in OSRS but, before eoc we had around 2 per week

rules were about whether or not to use summ/dung weps/let other clans use turm/1def gear/corr d scims (f2p only) etc

Ok thanks.