• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
13th

Disney Appreciation Thread

40 posts in this topic

When i think back to how this company enriched my childhood with happiness and wonder but also deeply emotional moments. Even today, as a 25 year old, I can tear up thinking about the beauty of some of these films and my appreciation for some films has only grown with my age.

Personal favourites:

Snow White - The sheer amount of work and resources that went into this puts every new production of theirs to shame. The fact that it is so old and can still hold up and trump many newer movies shows that quality goes over quantity

Beauty and the beast - Beautiful love story, full of moral lessons, amazing animation.

Lion King - nuff said

Dumbo - holy s**t the feels train, main character doesnt say a word for the entire thing, the balls to make this movie.

Peter Pan - who hasn't wanted to be able to fly around that magical island?

Aladdin - Abu and the carpet are amazing and the genie even got his own spin-off. i was 4 years old when i saw this film, probably my first cinema visit ever

Basil - the great mouse detective - Combines the perfect amount of seriousness and comic relief with splendid characters and setting.

Since the 1930s this company has been spewing out one masterpiece after the other (granted there are a fair few misses but the sheer amount of amazing movies under its belt is awe inspiring). What are your experiences/thoughts on Disney?

Fox and the Hound- one of my favorite movies, I cry every time

A Bugs Life- Probably my favorite overall, watched it so many times. I have the video tape and there's a chess short before the movie that's funny a/f.

The Little Mermaid- Had to sing those songs in Kindergarten... not much more to say

In addition to the ones you mentioned:

Bambi - When Bambi's mom dies :(. Scarred me for life.

Fantasia - My imagination really went wild with this one as a kid. In my top 3 favorite Disney movies.

Alice in Wonderland - Just enjoyed watching while I tripped on acid.

Tarzan - Remember seeing this as a kid. The scene where they're capturing the gorillas really touched me as a kid.

Fox and the Hound - Touches me even today. Says a lot about your childhood and growing up. People change.

Only one I remember watching voluntarily was Lady & the Tramp. When I was like 5 they used to make the younger kids stay inside during lunch at school when it was pissing down with rain and so instead of playing football and sword fighting with sticks we had to watch shit like the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, I never forgave Disney for that.

A Bugs Life- Probably my favorite overall, watched it so many times. I have the video tape and there's a chess short before the movie that's funny a/f.

The Little Mermaid- Had to sing those songs in Kindergarten... not much more to say

god idk how i forgot fox and hound. that moment when they drive off and they see each other disappearing.... heart is literally (figuratively) torn out of your chest

the jungle book

Forgot about Bugs Life. I remember seeing it in theaters as a kid. Kevin Spacey's voice was so commanding and intimidating. I still remember how frightened it made me feel.

wtf spoilers

god idk how i forgot fox and hound. that moment when they drive off and they see each other disappearing.... heart is literally (figuratively) torn out of your chest

tumblr_n0g5x2TBG71qmkw3eo2_250.gif

PdL1VxG.gif

i love that's so raven

any of you disney guys play kingdom hearts?

any of you disney guys play kingdom hearts?

so much hnng

frozen really was impressive considering it was a newer Disney movie.

Most of the movies listed above were a large portion of my childhood. Can't say much more than that.

Most of the movies listed above were a large portion of my childhood. Can't say much more than that.

Finding nemo, Up, Monsters inc were all pretty damn good. Up made me shed more tears than any other movie ever and it only took 5 minutes to do it. Had to pause the movie to go get tissues ffs

tangled and frozen were rly good, pretty cute and funny conversations and s**t

Finding nemo, Up, Monsters inc were all pretty damn good. Up made me shed more tears than any other movie ever and it only took 5 minutes to do it. Had to pause the movie to go get tissues ffs

I have actually never seen up. I'm pretty sure its the only major pixar film I missed. I really need to watch it.

I live at Disney pretty much. I love The Fox and the Hound, Up, and Toy Story.

I have actually never seen up. I'm pretty sure its the only major pixar film I missed. I really need to watch it.

You really do. If you have an SO in your life right now then damn

The new Frozen was also pretty good, Let it go is so beautiful, watch it with my homies, we were singing along like little girls

The new Frozen was also pretty good, Let it go is so beautiful, watch it with my homies, we were singing along like little girls

let it go!

Pretty much all of the oldschool Disney movies were huge in my childhood.

I was probably the most hardcore video casette watcher out of everyone. I think the soundtracks and songs are 100% given, I play variations of them even now.

-mulan - Faa Mulan: WHO IS THAT GIRL I SEEEE? Chinese girl saves the kingdom, beats the huns, etc, be a man, etc.

-Aladdin - DO YOU TRUST ME??? A WHOLE NEW WORLLDDDD.

-Lion King - OH I JUST CANNT WAAIIITTT TO BE KING. The seeds of b*********y were planted in me, thanks Nala... I think the most impactful scene was when Mufasa died and simba was like dadd~~~ :< :<. Then the second part was right after hakuta matata where simba and nala are all grown up and meet and play n' s**t.

-beauty and the Beast - Made me want to read books because of that one song where the sheep ate a piece of paper from the book. I still play the B&tB song on the piano from time to time.

-Tarzan - Showing that your parental units are actually the coolest people in the world.

-Pinocchio - the all time epitome of "here's what happens when you wunna go out and play/be a bad boy, punishment, etc"

-Cinderella - dat glass slipper and those mice were legit, too bad rats don't help me make my clothes

-Snow White - made me love dwarfs and have a newfound appreciation for my mom washing my clothes. also made me extremely cautious of old ladies with lots of warts on their faces

-Bambi - holy fk the feels, that sht hit me so unexpectedly when i was first watching it, cuz of all the fog n stuffs.

-fox and the hound - dat friendship

-peter pan - i always wanted to fly n s**t, always wanted my own tinkerbell. the show single handedly reminded me to play with my toy sword whenever i got the chance

-jungle book - bear necessities? omfg

-lady and the tramp - i wish i had tramp's swag no joke

-pocahantas - man, fuk white ppl

-The Little Mermaid - glad i got 2 legs yolo.

All i can think of for now.

Also goes without saying that all the sequels to the original disney movies were the most horrifically atrocious things ever created: Mulan 2-3, Cinderella 2-4?

which one was the one with the dragon at the end

it involved some kind of sand/dust getting thrown at it iirc