• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmy

Help With Installing Java

13 posts in this topic

I can't install Java I keep getting the following message:

1phva10.png

I've cleared room and I have 3.8gb free on my © drive, can anyone help?

have you tried turning it off and on again

:a

Try restarting your computer, If that doesnt work use a Different mirror to download it they normally have many options to download it from on diff sites.

what? your hard drive doesn't have enough space like it says.. and you can clearly see in the background its red...

what? your hard drive doesn't have enough space like it says.. and you can clearly see in the background its red...

i have 3.8gb of space like i said, im pretty sure java doesnt use 3.8gb of space

i have 3.8gb of space like i said, im pretty sure java doesnt use 3.8gb of space

It may not check the amount of space it's using, it may just check the percentage of free space. You should seriously try cleaning up your hard drive, that's definitely why it's not working.

It may not check the amount of space it's using, it may just check the percentage of free space. You should seriously try cleaning up your hard drive, that's definitely why it's not working.

I've deleted like everything I don't even know what's using all the space, I think it's just because my laptop is well old. I ran a CC cleaner today and it only free'd up about 2gb of space. all my films are on the (D) drive which has plenty of space.

f**k java

I've deleted like everything I don't even know what's using all the space, I think it's just because my laptop is well old. I ran a CC cleaner today and it only free'd up about 2gb of space. all my films are on the (D) drive which has plenty of space.

f**k java

Your computer doesn't just use RAM to hold memory for allocating processes for program, it also uses virtual memory and page filling. This by the way comes from your hard drive, since you have low disk space left with all memory taken for temporary usage it will reduce the disk size even more. Try clearing some stuff out you don't use anymore then try install it again. Let me know if it works

couldve narrowed it down to this instantly by rebooting but anyways,

you had a chkdsk prompt when it booted back up?

pretty much means something went full r****d on your hd so it needs to check whether theres any errors

you should let it run fully, it can take some time so its probably likely you interrupted it before it was done

give it a good amount of time to run (overnight) if it freezes again then its pretty much a sign that your hd is on its way to lumbridge or your OS is corrupt

For checking what is taking up your space on your hard drive, you could use a tool like https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

For finding out if something is safe to delete that you find using TreeSize, you could Google it or ask here.

give it a good amount of time to run (overnight) if it freezes again then its pretty much a sign that your hd is on its way to lumbridge or your OS is corrupt

Epic way of putting it