• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stinger

f**k Off Biology

30 posts in this topic

>study a good 6 hours for exam

>w***e *** teacher tells us its long but she'll grade the 110 pt test out of 100 pts aka 10 pts extra credit

>taking my sweet *** time getting every m**********n question right

>time almost up, 3 pages not done

>each page had about 10-15 pt worth of s**t

f****n hate this s**t i can never fukin win, not a single person finished it.

thanks for the 10 pts extra credit u f****n scumbag

0PYpBDoAgEMReNPCmBQZDRDZZ1P2-hIOnpmndPZxyk71VhqxX3Fa1F1r8C45WkfQZmQuaJpKpD0znWgx7hDoHTIoYur78AA.gif

insertteachermemehere

everytime i study for bio i fail, not even gonna bother anymore. barely lucked out the last test with like a 68

f**k hardy weinberg, f**k chi squares, f**k everything

those are literally the easiest things in the world wtf

everytime i study for bio i fail, not even gonna bother anymore. barely lucked out the last test with like a 68

f**k hardy weinberg, f**k chi squares, f**k everything

those are literally the easiest things in the world wtf

the analysis can be really annoying, especially when the expected value/degree of freedom s**t isnt given

1 mistake on an expected value and bam the entire analysis is wrong

how does 1 mess up expected value

Try physics, they fail the whole class with an impossible final and then curve it up to meet the desired average (65%).

Literally left 90% of the exam blank and just wrote down equations I thought were relevant. Still passed though cause of dat curve.

just work faster u slowpoke

I have an anatomy test tomorrow

I wish I had bio right now. O chem is worse IMO.

Worst subject I've ever had. Much hard. Such study.

f**k biology

Welcome to university. A large portion of my solids mechanics class couldn't finish the entirety of a 3 problem exam within an hour.

so your teacher told you the test is long and to make up for it- she'll give everyone ten points. so you take your time and are then mad because you didn't finish.

so your teacher told you the test is long and to make up for it- she'll give everyone ten points. so you take your time and are then mad because you didn't finish.

That is what I got from this. Also you should always find the questions that are worth the most points and do them first if you know how(I say this as you said the last 3 pages had almost 50 percent of the test value on it).

Anatomy lab tests can be worse too

Try physics, they fail the whole class with an impossible final and then curve it up to meet the desired average (65%).

Literally left 90% of the exam blank and just wrote down equations I thought were relevant. Still passed though cause of dat curve.

not even physics 1 + 2 are legit a joke, i never understood how all my classmates got 40-50s while i would legit destroy each exam averaging a solid (90ish)

If you would have studied better you might have known the answers and therefore have finished it in time. You even got 10 points for free.

not even physics 1 + 2 are legit a joke, i never understood how all my classmates got 40-50s while i would legit destroy each exam averaging a solid (90ish)

Phys 1/2 easy. When you take s**t like intro to Astro Physics or upper level optical analysis class life becomes sad.

For me time management was an issue, with 7 classes per semester I really only focused on the stuff I was interested in, and neglected some subjects like physics. I'm going into Software next year so it's not critical that I do well in it.

Btw, in the US do Eng students take 10.0 credits per academic year like here in Canada? We have a lot of international students and most are transferring to American Uni's next year because everything is supposedly easier.

For me time management was an issue, with 7 classes per semester I really only focused on the stuff I was interested in, and neglected some subjects like physics. I'm going into Software next year so it's not critical that I do well in it.

Btw, in the US do Eng students take 10.0 credits per academic year like here in Canada? We have a lot of international students and most are transferring to American Uni's next year because everything is supposedly easier.

MechE major here. I've taken 18 credits every semester except for 1 and I'm scheduled for 19 credits in the fall of 2014.

18 credits is the maximum you're allowed to take at most unis.

cell bio - B

evolutionary morphology - A-

Immunology - B+

Biochemistry - A

Fish Bio - B+

Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy - A

Molecular Bio - A

Botany - A

MechE major here. I've taken 18 credits every semester except for 1 and I'm scheduled for 19 credits in the fall of 2014.

Ok I guess it's pretty similar then. Also to correct myself we take 7.5 credits per year (half year course = 0.5, full year = 1.0, and some special courses have different weights) and the maximum allowed number of courses (7 per semester).

Ok I guess it's pretty similar then. Also to correct myself we take 7.5 credits per year (half year course = 0.5, full year = 1.0, and some special courses have different weights) and the maximum allowed number of courses (7 per semester).

Most schools have a 5 year program which allows you to have an easier workload but f**k that I don't have the money to pay for an extra 2 semesters and I don't want to spend more time at school than I have to.

I know this post is a little old, but I hope I can be of some service. Since I'm neither a biology of chemistry nerd (I plan on becoming one soon, though ;)), here are just some links to things.

Biology stuff:

Introductory Biology - UC Berkeley: Biology 1A (Lab: Biology 1AL), Biology 1B, MIT: 7.01SC.

I wish I had bio right now. O chem is worse IMO.

Worst subject I've ever had. Much hard. Such study.

Organic Chemistry - Yale: CHEM 125a, CHEM 125b, UC Irvine: Chem 51A, Chem 51B, Chem 51C

Hopefully these can help. :)