• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pure_dicks

What Would Happen If?

39 posts in this topic

Science/technology was able to prove everything/anything...

For example, the theory of evolution as being 100% correct? Does this effectively make the concept of God, or some aspects, entirely false?

> Religion and other elements?

Bored, feel like a discussion thread. Doesn't just apply to religion I suppose...

VEBlf.gif

iVZlJM9zFja5X.gif

sunset.gif

tumblr_mg9oa709VP1qjdqhno1_500.gif

tumblr_mezvjoOmK61rkvpjwo1_500.gif

tumblr_m2rb4l1BdG1r9az6fo1_500.gif

tumblr_m2i5wljgeE1rnoh72o1_500.gif

tumblr_m2111rndTF1r9az6fo1_400.gif

I think there could be a scientific explanation for god, not a pissed off bearded man in the sky but like a higher power or presence

How can evolution be real if animals aren't real

How can wee see if our mirrors aren't there?

I'd imagine there would still be wars about random s**t

southpark did an episode on this where there was never any religion, didn't change the world one bit, people still identify with certain beliefs and will still kill each other for not believing the same thing as they do.

Obviously I'm only touching on religion, but yeah idk what else it would matter as religion is the only issue i can think of being of importance if everything could be proven.

southpark did an episode on this where there was never any religion, didn't change the world one bit, people still identify with certain beliefs and will still kill each other for not believing the same thing as they do.

Obviously I'm only touching on religion, but yeah idk what else it would matter as religion is the only issue i can think of being of importance if everything could be proven.

Lmfao they were all atheists but fighting over what to call themselves. Great episode.

OT: The proving of evolution wouldn't change the belief in a higher power. Most educated believers believe that evolution exists, but that in itself doesn't disprove God.

Lmfao they were all atheists but fighting over what to call themselves. Great episode.

OT: The proving of evolution wouldn't change the belief in a higher power. Most educated believers believe that evolution exists, but that in itself doesn't disprove God.

yea I guess so, but lets say hypothetically science proves religion is a huge farce... imagine what would become of the world...

Religion is a huge farce, every person who is not a r****d knows evolution is fact.

If science can prove that out of nothing, there was suddenly a big bang and creating 'everything', that would be major.

I mean, I'm an atheist, but the concept of creation of our universe is still bizarre. Even if our entire universe, is one of many... there has to be a starting point, beginning the process of making a universe, or multiple. Even if there are multiple universes being created by 'something', that 'something' still has to be made out of matter. What started off the matter? Everyone knows you cannot make e.g. gold out of 'nothing', you need ore's, and to an extent to higgs-boson particles and whatever 'made' the higgs-boson article. The 'something' cannot be made from 'nothing'. Thus the 'something', creating a universe, has a starting point somewhere where 'everything' was already present.

But how and most importantly WHEN did the 'everything' suddenly appear? The dimension of time is a major factor in trying to understand this concept, nobody has truly understood the concept of time.

Even if there's a 'god', god had to be made out of something. If we assume 'god' created something, 'god' appeared out of nothing. Disproving the concept of 'god' cannot simply be done by just saying that the evolution theory is 100% correct (or something similar to the evolution theory).

If science can prove that out of nothing, there was suddenly a big bang and creating 'everything', that would be major.

I mean, I'm an atheist, but the concept of creation of our universe is still bizarre. Even if our entire universe, is one of many... there has to be a starting point, beginning the process of making a universe, or multiple. Even if there are multiple universes being created by 'something', that 'something' still has to be made out of matter. What started off the matter? Everyone knows you cannot make e.g. gold out of 'nothing', you need ore's, and to an extent to higgs-boson particles and whatever 'made' the higgs-boson article. The 'something' cannot be made from 'nothing'. Thus the 'something', creating a universe, has a starting point somewhere where 'everything' was already present.

But how and most importantly WHEN did the 'everything' suddenly appear? The dimension of time is a major factor in trying to understand this concept, nobody has truly understood the concept of time.

nice input... eradicating the concept of creationism (an aspect believed by most religions, to some extent at least), in a way which is 100% proved, would cause an insane amount of unrest in religious warfare.

I only post here because I approve those gifs

I only post here because I approve those gifs

That would get really boring really fast, since you will have proven everything in a relatively short timespan, removing the need for scientific research.

Evolution is a scientific fact and the Big Bang is also the best theory which is currently a scientific fact unless proved otherwise.

Concept of God is different for people. For example in abrabamic religions; Judaism, Islam Christianity God has human attributes and are quite similar.

Dharmic religions all originally don't view God as a being that's physical or has human attributes - more of an energy, order of universe, is the universe, isn't the universe.

Remember Einsteins belief in the possibility of God was more of how the Universe was beautiful in a specific order. On iPhone so can't type full thoughts lel

Reminds me of this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_of_Life

That would get really boring really fast, since you will have proven everything in a relatively short timespan, removing the need for scientific research.

are we assuming that we have reached our peak scientifically as human beings though?

I assumed this was only on proving theories right from wrong

I'd think we'd still have some interesting new technologies to develop wouldn't you?

are we assuming that we have reached our peak scientifically as human beings though?

I'd think we'd still have some interesting new technologies to develop wouldn't you?

It is unlikely that you can infinitely develop new technology though. You will reach the limit some time. Of course we're not at our scientific peak as it has been a path that is currently seemingly never-ending. However, if science can explain everything we will eventually know "everything" even though there is no such thing as knowing everything.

really hard to wrap your mind around this topic tbh lol

Evolution is a scientific fact and the Big Bang is also the best theory which is currently a scientific fact unless proved otherwise.

Concept of God is different for people. For example in abrabamic religions; Judaism, Islam Christianity God has human attributes and are quite similar.

Dharmic religions all originally don't view God as a being that's physical or has human attributes - more of an energy, order of universe, is the universe, isn't the universe.

Remember Einsteins belief in the possibility of God was more of how the Universe was beautiful in a specific order. On iPhone so can't type full thoughts lel

Reminds me of this:

http://en.m.wikipedi.../Flower_of_Life

I'm not trying to discredit the evolution theory. I cannot see a flaw in it, and I believe 100% in it.

The concept of creating everything, by e.g. the big bang theory, is quite weird. That's what I'm trying to point out. Because for now, it is assumed that the big bang theory created every atom known in the universe. But what started off the big bang theory? Out of 'what' is the big bang theory created? If there's a 'what' that created the BBT, how did the 'what' create itself. That is my issue.

If science can prove that out of nothing, no materials, dimensions etc., everything as we now know was made, that would be great but also really weird to grasp. That would mean that the time dimension was created, and that if it was created, it can be created again.

It is unlikely that you can infinitely develop new technology though. You will reach the limit some time. Of course we're not at our scientific peak as it has been a path that is currently seemingly never-ending. However, if science can explain everything we will eventually know "everything" even though there is no such thing as knowing everything.

I see your point, I personally don't think it would be boring.

Lets say it is used to prove/disprove everything we believe/know/question so far?

More with regards to theories, so evolution, creationism...? I dunno if that makes sense/alters the question.

@blingjatt It does not necessarily prove whether the concept of God, in terms of "being a good person" or however/whatever people conceive as being a christian, Buddhist etc... more just the relevant theories behind what religion derives from. For example, God was essentially just a sophisticated man for his time, especially in comparison to those around him... so people just saw him as a godlike figure... rather than performing actual miracles per se.

IDK if this makes sense, hanging out my ***.

technology/science that would literally disprove any and all theories, telling us exactly where we derived from and how everything has happened.

One right answer to eradicate any theory/possibility.

Lost my train of thought after looking at spoiler

TLDR

How was the big bang started? I.e. who put the tiny ball of energy that created our universe there? Could've been God.

There is no explanation, that I know of, as to how the big bang was started.

magnets man, how do they even work

I see your point, I personally don't think it would be boring.

Lets say it is used to prove/disprove everything we believe/know/question so far?

More with regards to theories, so evolution, creationism...? I dunno if that makes sense/alters the question.

@blingjatt It does not necessarily prove whether the concept of God, in terms of "being a good person" or however/whatever people conceive as being a christian, Buddhist etc... more just the relevant theories behind what religion derives from. For example, God was essentially just a sophisticated man for his time, especially in comparison to those around him... so people just saw him as a godlike figure... rather than performing actual miracles per se.

IDK if this makes sense, hanging out my ***.

Not all religions believe that God is man constrained.

Check out this talk. I think this is the one where he mentions zen buddhism and hinduism. A brilliant talk that talks about the ancient world and the belief system revolving the subject we're discussing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY28PJZY5eo

Just because you can't understand something, doesn't mean it's not true.