• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
'Greg

Need A Good Hd Screen Recorder With Small Rendered File Sizes

10 posts in this topic

I've been using Dxtory for other games but I'm thinking of making rs videos again because pking and making montages of it was extremely fun. Unfortunately Dxtory is unable to recognize and record the runescape client due to the fact that it records based on a single application's process instead of your whole desktop. This really is a downer because it's the highest quality recording software that I've been able to find and the file sizes are miniscule compared to other programs. 30 minutes of recording gameplay renders out to around .75 Gb while maintaining HD quality.

Anyone have some suggestions of a program that would be better to use to record my full desktop? Not really interested in fraps. Thanks.

camtasia

camtasia

I'm a little concerned about Camtasia causing lag because that was my experience in the past. My pc is not built for gaming, I have a basic processor and 4gb of RAM. I know Camtasia takes up more resources than pretty much any other recorder.

Shadowplay if you've got an Nvidia card.

OBS.

use a potato

camtasia

OBS is great for recording games.