• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
13th

Leds On Computer Is Sleep Mode

17 posts in this topic

whose bright idea was it to have flashing LEDs when a computer is in sleep mode?

is there a way to disable these without opening it up and manually disconnecting the LEDs?

sharpie

not sure what topic means but if its anything from stopping my comp tfrom randomly turn itself on when im sleeping, lmk too

id rather use duct tape

god i hate those f*****g leds everywhere, on my tv,speaker volume knob is lighting half the room at night, there's like 3 on my laptop and the internet one is blinking all the f*****g time i can't sleep

Am I missing something, or why not to turn it off, if it's not used for something while you sleep? Or doesn't it have SSD?

Am I missing something, or why not to turn it off, if it's not used for something while you sleep? Or doesn't it have SSD?

he has his anime torrents downloading

i like not having to open up every program i had running when i went to bed. it also saves me a few minutes rather than booting up windows

@MMD

nah, i cant torrent while its in sleep mode, not that i torrent that much these days anyway

i like not having to open up every program i had running when i went to bed. it also saves me a few minutes rather than booting up windows

@MMD

nah, i cant torrent while its in sleep mode, not that i torrent that much these days anyway

jeeze he didn't akx for you life story

@MMD

and no one asked for your input. cya in a week.

little chance that this is possible since the leds are controlled by moba (depends entirely on the moba if it's possible)

ask the manufacturer of the moba maybe, or post the name of your moba here and someone might find out if it's possible

@MMD

Use hibernation mode instead of sleep mode. It'll shut off the leds and you can resume considerably faster than you would if you powered down.

The leds flash when harddrive is in use so unless you disconnect it from the mobo its going to flash in sleep mode.

@MMD

and no one asked for your input. cya in a week.

did u really give him a vacation :lol:

tell me about it lol. i close my laptop on my desk and its just blinking. but if you have a laptop you can just turn it around, and if you have a computer face the other way i guess

I just pulled the wires from my motherboard.

Sharpies/tapes are the only solution otherwise.

i have my pc in my desk with the back cut out. and the door open when i play.