• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tux`

GPU advice

10 posts in this topic

TL;DR

bought gigabyte radeon r7 260x a year and a half ago, sent to warranty 3 times, getting my 133 euro back. Need a new gpu. I'll throw in 50-70 euro's to get a better gpu.

Now the thing is, the r7 is a stronk gpu in the price range, so IDK which one to replace

prob r9 280/285/280x

f**k knows what your lollt prices are

Just get a gtx 970.

Itl run almost everything u throw at it

intel integrated card is the way to go 

Edited by Parm

intel intergrated card is the way to go 

intergrated

r0fl potato

I feel like radeon f****d me over big time >.>

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X is 200 euros

I'll personally never buy an amd card again. They run too hot.

Ehh, I find that both AMD and Nvidia generate about the same amount of heat. As long as you have a good case and limit your frame rate (limiting frame rate can drop temps 10-15c), neither should really be all that hot.

Ehh, I find that both AMD and Nvidia generate about the same amount of heat. As long as you have a good case and limit your frame rate (limiting frame rate can drop temps 10-15c), neither should really be all that hot.

Idk whats up with mine tbh. I dont need a heater in my room cus of my r9 280

Idk whats up with mine tbh. I dont need a heater in my room cus of my r9 280

If you're not afraid to, you could always repaste it, especially if your idle temps are shitty and your card is truly running at the idle clock speed (I believe it is 300 MHz for most AMD cards) with shitty temps (higher than 50-55c). However, the BIGGEST difference that you can get, is to limit your frame rate in games to whatever your monitor's refresh rate is. I limit my frame rate to 120 FPS and I get literally 10-15c lower temps. If I lowered my frame rate limit to 60 FPS, I would probably shave another 5c off my temps. I mean, if your card has unlockable voltage you could probably try undervolting too, but limiting your frame rate in games is literally one of the best things you can do for your card, temp wise, and life-prolonging wise.

Edited by bigh51