• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
Blackman

Go to clubs/bars alone?

14 posts in this topic

Curious if any of you f*****s hit up clubs/bars solo?

Was tempted to do that tonight since my usual gang is either out of town and won't be back untilt he weekend or not in the mood to go out tonight...

If you do hit up the night scene solo, how do you like it? Is it better than going with a group?

nah man 

unless u had a really really really really s**t day

i wudnt be drinking myself l0l

3 minutes ago, Furious said:

nah man 

unless u had a really really really really s**t day

i wudnt be drinking myself l0l

fair point lol

2 hours ago, Blackman said:

fair point lol

I just drink alone at my computer like a real basement dwelling nerd.

wouldn't personally - i find it weird enough eating by myself when i'm away with work.

if i wanted to do it, ya i'd just go do it

not sure why anyone would be insecure about it

walk up to some random strangers, talk, dance

either it works or it doesn't, in both outcomes you probably won't ever see those people ever again unless you really hit it off so i won't say it's win-win but it's certainly not lose-lose

if, for whatever reason, you have a hard time explaining to people (this will literally never come up) why you're there alone, just say you're waiting for some friends down the street and came in to dance in the mean-time.

4 hours ago, Null said:

if, for whatever reason, you have a hard time explaining to people (this will literally never come up) why you're there alone, just say you're waiting for some friends down the street and came in to dance in the mean-time.

Nah, just be honest and say they're all gone/busy. It'd be awkward AF if you got caught in that lie lol, way worse than just the truth.

I'd never go to a club by myself (just personal preference, I'd feel weird) but I'd probably consider a bar if I was in the mood. It's easier to talk to strangers in that environment too just sitting around the table ordering drinks. I do that every time I'm at an airport, but I think that's kinda expected there.

I did once to meet a chick off tinder and smashed. But solo and then trying to pull from club would be too much work.

1 hour ago, Guy said:

I did once to meet a chick off tinder and smashed. But solo and then trying to pull from club would be too much work.

w33dbl@z3r

Nothing wrong with going out by yourself -- it's a social activity. Half the time I go out with friends I end up meeting strangers / spending more time with them, that's the whole point.

I work at the club and have noticed that some people come in alone and usually end up taking a drink and then watch the phone for most of the time. Or in some cases they accidentally end up meeting their old friends and then talk to them. Worst ones are those who come alone and start speaking to you about s**t you dont care and then you try to pretend you are busy or give a bitchface.

if its local i usually run into old buddies. nice to catch up/make new going out buddies

Going out with a group is much better!