• Announcements

• Piers

Registration turned off   07/28/18

ots spam our site everyday and we're too lazy to clean it up so we're just closing registrations. If you've lost access to your account contact pretty much anybody on ts: mm-rs.org. 
bigh51

Chester Bennington (lead singer of Linkin Park) has died

40 posts in this topic

Today Chester Bennington of Linkin Park died, he hung himself. Today also happened to be Chris Cornell's (Chester's friend) birthday, that may have had something to do with it.

The RuneScape community owes a great deal to Chester, he was truly a legend. I am heartbroken by this news. Rest in Peace.

IN TH EEND IT DOESNT EVEN MAAAAAAATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

34 minutes ago, iowna slave said:

IN TH EEND IT DOESNT EVEN MAAAAAAATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

i c wot u did there

rip runescape music god. good guy gone too soon

I don't understand how celebrities get depressed enough to kill themselves, unless they had a drug habit that helped lead them there (no idea about Chester).

If they're so fed up with their lives, they have enough money to all out just quit whatever they're doing and live comfortably for the rest of their lives doing literally whatever the hell else they want. Spotlight would more or less forget about them within 4-5 years. If they were in need of medication/antidepressants they could easily get them.

Still sucks, and rough when someone is pushed to the point where they feel that's the best way out for them. I just really don't understand it when wealthy/well off people do it.

He changed the Runescape Pking Videos forever

listened to a bunch of their stuff when I was younger, shame tbh, wasn't really as many young angst bands back then. what else would all the edgey kids have listened to

3 hours ago, Chance said:

I don't understand how celebrities get depressed enough to kill themselves, unless they had a drug habit that helped lead them there (no idea about Chester).

If they're so fed up with their lives, they have enough money to all out just quit whatever they're doing and live comfortably for the rest of their lives doing literally whatever the hell else they want. Spotlight would more or less forget about them within 4-5 years. If they were in need of medication/antidepressants they could easily get them.

Still sucks, and rough when someone is pushed to the point where they feel that's the best way out for them. I just really don't understand it when wealthy/well off people do it.

Chester had a drug habit yes (hence the song Breaking The Habit) plus he was abused as a child.

Plus, depression can happen to absolutely anyone. Doesn't happen who you are, we are all human and anyone can have any number of illnesses and diseases. It sucks because we will never know what he was thinking and why he actually did this, that's one of the hardest parts about this. Mental illness can affect anyone and a lot of the time the people who need the help the most refuse to seek help and don't get any help.

I agree it's so hard to imagine how these celebrities can kill themselves when they have literally thousands or millions of adoring fans that absolutely love them and respect them so deeply, and I am sure that these celebrities know that. We'll never know what any of them were thinking or why they did it it, and it really sucks. :(

neat. thousands of others died today as well, and every day before this -- a lot from factors out of their control yet nobody talks about them. dude had no excuse -- money, fame, family... and he took the easy way out instead of seeking help. piece of s**t, good music though.

1 hour ago, bigh51 said:

Chester had a drug habit yes (hence the song Breaking The Habit) plus he was abused as a child.

Plus, depression can happen to absolutely anyone. Doesn't happen who you are, we are all human and anyone can have any number of illnesses and diseases. It sucks because we will never know what he was thinking and why he actually did this, that's one of the hardest parts about this. Mental illness can affect anyone and a lot of the time the people who need the help the most refuse to seek help and don't get any help.

I agree it's so hard to imagine how these celebrities can kill themselves when they have literally thousands or millions of adoring fans that absolutely love them and respect them so deeply, and I am sure that these celebrities know that. We'll never know what any of them were thinking or why they did it it, and it really sucks. :(

Yeah. I'm sure it's just a process of becoming disillusioned and jaded towards every day life. Finding something ill in everything and not being able to see beyond it.

20 minutes ago, -Riley- said:

neat. thousands of others died today as well, and every day before this -- a lot from factors out of their control yet nobody talks about them. dude had no excuse -- money, fame, family... and he took the easy way out instead of seeking help. piece of s**t, good music though.

/edgy

rip no rm

11 hours ago, -Riley- said:

Suffering and sadness are relative. Nobody talks about those others because they never knew anything about them to feel a connection with them. Many fans knew about Chester and even met him, so he was like a friend to them even if only through his music. Mental illness and suicide are often linked and rarely if ever is it the "easy way out", it is more often than not just the end of a long and painful process. Mental heath problems are a real f****r and can affect anyone. :/

honestly grew up listening to this guy

hes the reason i havent gone full weeb

17 hours ago, -Riley- said:

fb4b243c6ff7ddba1212ee30e0354159.jpg

1 hour ago, Danny said:

he had kids, kind of selfish ngl

Quoth the snake

1 hour ago, Chance said:

Quoth the snake

yep uok

3 hours ago, Danny said:

he had kids, kind of selfish ngl

I mean that's a very simplified way of looking at mental health issues and that's coming from someone who has experience with family members having mental health issues. :/

10 minutes ago, bigh51 said:

I mean that's a very simplified way of looking at mental health issues and that's coming from someone who has experience with family members having mental health issues. :/

regardless he's left like 6 kids right? I don't really understand it, did he seek any form of help prior?

1 hour ago, Danny said:

regardless he's left like 6 kids right? I don't really understand it, did he seek any form of help prior?

I'm not sure if he sought any help, a lot of people with mental health problems often don't. I do know he was abused as a child and had drug addiction issues earlier in life.

31 minutes ago, bigh51 said:

I'm not sure if he sought any help, a lot of people with mental health problems often don't. I do know he was abused as a child and had drug addiction issues earlier in life.

nevertheless, it sucks.

such good music man

On 7/20/2017 at 5:24 PM, Chance said:

I just really don't understand it when wealthy/well off people do it.

There are some things that money can't buy.

12 hours ago, Chance said:

Quoth the snake

stock-photo-donkey-head-with-a-snake-bod

Fuck Depression